Saturday 13 June 2015

Whiplash (part 2)

As mentioned in a previous blog, I saw the start of the film Whiplash on a plane, and really liked it, and have been waiting for it to be available on Virgin Media movies thing - which it now is - and so I was able to watch the full film - and it was truly amazing! I don't really know what the underlying message is - it's of course the story of a student drummer being pushed to (and beyond) his limits by a sadistic music teacher - is the film trying to make the case that if you don't push talented people will they never achieve their full potential? Is that really true?? Anyway fantastic performances by Miles Teller and JK Simmons - almost made me want to take up the drums - or perhaps I'll go back to the piano - which I started to learn when I retired and then gave up - still plenty of time..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment